Baby Scrapbooking Page Idea
This scrapbook layout uses 2 sheets of layered paper for the background with Cliptures clipart decorating the corners of the layout. The clipart is imported into a layout program and scaled to size. The layout is printed, the pieces are cut out from the printed sheet, and then attached to the corners of the background pages.
- Cliptures: All images from Cliptures Vol 41 Babies!
- Paper: White for printing images, plus 2 complimentary pastel color sheets for the background.
- Scrapbooking glue or adhesive.
- Craft knife and cutting mat or scissors for cutting out the images from the layout page.
- Paper cutter or straight edge ruler, craft knife, and cutting mat for trimming inner layout sheet.
- Decorative edge scissors for cutting photo frames.
Note: Because the clipart is cut out from the printed paper, their positioning in the layout program isn't particularly important. What is important is to scale them to the size you want and to arrange them so that they can all be printed out on a single sheet of paper. (See Paper Saver tip.)
1. Start a new document in your layout program.
2. Import the safety pin tag from Vol. 41 into your layout program. Scale the image to about 2 3/4" tall.
3. Import the teddy bear holding the green block and scale it to about 1 1/2" tall.
4. Import the teddy bear holding the red block and scale it to about 1 1/2" tall.
5. Import the teddy bear with the stack of blocks and scale it to about 5 1/4" tall.
6. Arrange the 4 images so they can all be printed on a single page. Add text to the safety pin tag if you like.
7. Print the layout on white paper. Save paper and color ink! (See Proofing tip.)
8. Using a craft knife and cutting mat, cut each of the images from the layout page.
Note: Leave an even amount of white space around the images when you cut them out. This is much easier than trying to trim right up to the edges and it creates a nice design too!
9. Trim your photos to their final sizes.
10. Cut frames for the photos with decorative edge scissors.
11. Arrange and attach all of the elements to the background pages with scrapbook adhesive.